Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween

Halloween

Jack-o-Lanterns were carved from papayas with candles inside, the mood was set for a nice spooky Halloween.

The Halloween weekend kicked off with a murder mystery party…..what could be better than that.  Although and my best friend and I had planned to host one when I was much younger, I had never actually attended one (Ashley and I never made it past the planning stages).  This party had well over 20 people, and although it was fun playing the part of someone else, it was hard to keep everyone’s new identity straight.  The night was a lot of fun, and I was not one of the 7 or so people to die, even though I could not figure out who the murderer was. 

The real funny part of the night that we had pseudo identities, and it was a costume party on top of that, so it really tripped us up.  There was a ninja Merlin, many vampires, a coconut tree, and much, much more. 

The next night we celebrated Halloween with all of the other volunteers from other countries and Samoans.  At the cafĂ© we were at we had a costume contest, and somehow I ended up winning one of the prizes for best costume.  (I was the Statue of Liberty…I think I did a good job of doing the Peace Corps goals with that costume!)

It was impressive to see how much everyone put into their costumes.  There was a snowman, 4 legged woman, Minnie Mouse, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Palolo Hunter, Pebbles and Bam Bam, Cowboys and Indians and much much more.  It was great to see the creativity everyone put into their costumes with as little resources as we have.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment