Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good bye normal life, hello unknown!

After a morning of random busy times... Jen Took me to the airport. I have so much luggage I better be ready for this! After our tearful good bye and one last call to mom, dad and billy, I was off on my own.
The flight to los angeles was packed and I think I was too nervous to sleep.
I haven't been to Cali in years... So it was crazy seeing the skyline in a polluted haze. I got to baggage claim and the ceiling was broken.... Apparently LAX has really gross stuff living above carousel three.
I got to the Radisson in time for check in for our group... Apparently this is the hotel for all US groups ready to leave for some place because the army is here along with a lot of other groups. Our group has I think twenty people going to Samoa and twenty people going to Tonga. It's kinds funny because they are so close but because of the date line they could not be further apart in time. Apparently with the tsunami last week the news reported how one was on Tuesday the other on Wednesday.
We were given an ATM card to take out money for dinner..and the atm in the hotel ran out of money. So we went off to invade a new hotel in search for money. After, I went off with a few others that are Tonga bound walking around the awesome clean streets of LA looking for food.
After dinner I met a few of them for a drink in the hotel bar...
I think all the travelling made everyone exhausted because it seemed everyone left for their rooms by 9:30.
In my room I played with my sleep number bed which I am convinced is just a fancy air mattress until I fell asleep.
We have a long day tomorrow and I am anxious for what's in store

No comments:

Post a Comment