Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Teuila Festival


Teuila Festival
This past week Samoa celebrated Teuila festival.  While most schools had holiday, I found myself still working so I was not able to partake in all of the events like I had hoped. 
During Teuila festival there are events happening nightly, some which conflict with other events making it hard for you to pick which ones you want to attend.  During the fautasi races, there was the first all women’s team competing, and although I missed the race, I saw them practice and it was nice to see strong women competing with the men. 
I went several nights to watch the singing and dancing in front of the government buildings, and my favorite thing there was siva afi.  During the fire dancing, one of the young boys competing lost his ie and was left to fire dance in his underwear.  I felt bad for him, but he didn’t seem to let it bother him.
I went to a rugby competition and had fun seeing some of the boys I know win the bowl. 
Although I wasn’t able to take in the entire festival like I was for Independence Day, I still had fun with what I was able to see.
Maybe now that it’s over, Apia will stop being so crowded and life can get back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's just because I've always wanted to play. When I do get good at playing the guitar, I want to be able to go about and take it traveling with me

    Flights to Lahore
    Cheap Air Tickets to Lahore

    ReplyDelete