Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Reflections


Reflections
Well, it’s been awhile...and I’ve had enough people ask me why I haven’t been keeping up with this blog...Well...the truth is...I have no real excuse.
It is weird because the more that internet is available, the less I try to be on it.  It is less of a luxury, and you begin to notice the price tag going up each time you go to the internet cafe to access it.  It is the same thing with other luxuries as well, like going out to eat.  I used to crave different types of food and going to certain restaurants... now I have gone back to craving my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. 
My journey in Samoa has been an interesting one, and it is hard to believe that it started almost 3 years ago.  Throughout this time I have learned a lot about myself and have grown a lot as well.  With less than half a year left, it is hard to see it come to an end, however it won’t be a complete end.  Even though I will be closing my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I will have a piece of Samoa with me wherever I go.  Next month I am going to have my own Samoan wedding. It makes me chuckle because I have heard of my friends planning weddings in America, and they seem so stressed out all the time, and me, I am taking the more laid back island style approach.  Things will happen when they do, and there is no use in worrying about it. 
Work continues to be work.  The students are continuing to test my patience with trying to turn everyone against me, or the one other teacher.  It is actually amazing how they can unite like this.  They continue to be really sneaky, and it is important to know where your valuables are, just in case.  I feel like my students have grown tremendously and I couldn’t be prouder of them. 
But as for me, I am going to keep living and enjoying life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment