Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Banking

Bank
I needed to go to the bank, I was counting my change to pay for things at the store, the only problem is the bank is so far away. It is in Salelologa, Savaii’s gigantic metropolis and I did not feel like leaving my village. I didn’t want to leave school early, and my weekends are usually booked. That’s what friends are for.
Elisa was heading to the “city”, and I gave her my bank card with pin to withdrawal money out of the ATM. I gave her the number after I ran the 5k to her house, and was frazzled and told her the wrong number.
Thankfully, banks in Samoa aren’t known to enforce the rules as much with their customers as they are in America. After failing at the ATM, she gave them the card, filled out a deposit slip, signed my name, and got the money. It was that simple. It makes me realize how important it is to hold on to my card and not lose it from my site at all. If it were to get into the wrong hands, I know I could get myself into trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment