Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Living in a Bachelor Pad

Bachelor Pad
I am living in a complete bachelor pad. My parents are out of town, along with most of the family at a wedding, and it is just me and one of my brothers. I have been in this situation before, and each time it is interesting to say the least.
During the day I experience something that I enjoyed in America, but haven’t had the chance to experience in Samoa, solidarity. I used to enjoy this a lot more than I do now. I don’t know what to do with my time because it is so rare that I have peace and quiet to myself during the day.
This all changed at night. A few of my brothers came over and they were full of energy and excitement. They took turns cooking food for dinner, which I enjoyed thoroughly. I mean it isn’t every day that a girl gets several men taking turns cooking delicious food for her. After our family dinners, the boys made sure the house was full of life.
They brought gigantic speakers to list to all of Samoa’s best music (and make sure the neighbors heard it as well). A few of them used a program on the computer to try to make their own mixes, and some of them might have been better than our beloved DJ Okay. They also watched many movies and played cards until their hang out turned into a sleepover.
It was a good time being in the house with all the boys. The boys are like brothers to me since they are always around. It makes me feel safer in my village knowing that there are the extra people looking out for me to keep me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment