Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Visiting

A Visit to a Friend.
Since it is the school break, I decided to make the most of it and visit another village to see how another Peace Corps Volunteer lives. I made plans with Cassie for an ultimate sleepover.
We tried making plans to do different activities around her village, but because of a late start (The ferry did not decide to come and so there was an extra two hours of waiting!) we missed doing them this time around.
I wasn’t too worried as I had an amazing time in her village. Cassie lives with a family and has two younger siblings and we turned the entire day into a dance party. Her little sister was being an amazing teacher as she worked with us trying to learn Samoan dances.
We took a brief break from dancing to play volleyball. Playing volleyball in her village is a lot different than mine. My village is very competitive, so they don’t always let me play, but if they do let me play, they run in front of me to hit the ball aimed towards me. Her village was more relaxed and I felt myself much more comfortable with playing. I had a great time (minus the bruising my arms suffered from hitting the ball!) and met a lot of new people.
It was time for Sa, so back to the house we went. We enjoyed nice dinner with conversation and then went back to our awesome dance party. Her family giggled as we struggled with the Samoan dance moves of our 7 year old teacher. I don’t think I have ever danced as much as I did that day. We all had an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment