Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Dog Bite

Dog Bite

 

While my computer was out of commission, I ended up getting another mark on Samoan Bingo.  (I already had boils, fallen off my bike, bitten by a centipede, fallen asleep on a strangers floor…etc) This time I had my dog attack….I actually had two within a week.

The second one wasn’t so bad.  While I was walking, the dog bit my heel when I lifted my foot.  It didn’t leave any mark, so I was not too worried about it.  In fact I don’t think I told anyone about it.

However the first dog bite, that one startled me.  I don’t know if you have ever been bitten by a dog…but while it happened to me, and even after, my body went into a little shock. 

Here is how it went down…

I was walking down a street I normally walk down by my house during the day time.  I guess the dog saw me and liked me, so decided to leave a love bite.  He did not bark or anything, which normally gets me nervous around certain dogs.  He was very quiet during the entire process.   

I limped home, not too worried as it was only a few small places where the teeth marked the skin. 

I limped around the following days, taking the bus well more than usual, and then my leg started to give me more pain.  So I decided to play the game show is my leg infected from the dog bite, or is it something else…Many people chimed in, and suggested I see the doctor…but being a stubborn girl, I thought I was okay.  The pain went away about a week and a half later, so I think I won the game show.

Unlike my bike accident(s) and my boils, the dog didn’t leave a visual scar on me…so I will not have a permanent reminder for when I travel back to the US on Samoan dogs.

Lesson learned: The quiet dogs are the ones to fear.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment