Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Postcard Project 2012

Postcard Project 2012

 

Last year because of all of you I had a successful postcard project which taught my students a lot about the outside world. They learned about each of the different continents, oceans and what people like to do in each place.  There was so much language and cultural information shared-it was incredible. 

With having a new group of students, I am hoping I am able to do this project again.  My students this year are not your average students.  Some of them were taken from their families because of physical abuse, others for sexual, and others for about a million other reasons.  They are aged 5-20 and are at a variety of ability levels (which makes grouping them for lessons always interesting!).

I know they would love hearing from you, and responding back. 

If you can help out with this year’s postcard project I would really appreciate it. 

Just send a postcard of where you are, or where you are from with any information on it.  It can be about what you enjoy doing there, a history lesson, about the nature, about your family, the possibilities are endless as they all have great English lessons to attach to them.

When sending a postcard, you can put your return address on it, or email it to me at Lili.ann.watson@gmail.com

 

My current address is:

 

Lillian Watson, PCV

Private Mail Bag

Apia

Western Samoa

 

Hope to hear from you soon!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lili,

    I have been following your blog religiously and find it insightful and interesting to read being of Samoan background myself. I was wondering if you're still accepting postcards? I love children and would would love nothing more than to send a card from my little slice of the world (Brisbane, Australia).

    Happy writing,
    Dee.

    ReplyDelete