Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Peace Corps Family


Peace Corps Family

Being a third year volunteer is strange…I am still a volunteer but sometimes I feel like I am a part of something else.  My Peace Corps family who I had being my strong support is now missing from my life.  The nearest Peace Corps volunteer is now a 45 minute bus ride away, which seems impossible compared to Savaii, where I could run there in 30 minutes.  All of the volunteers are away from the capital, leaving me alone all the time. 
Just as my group was a close family, the group after me is a close family, who sometimes forgets me, their older sister.  I don’t let it bother me too much as I have other things to preoccupy my time.  Being in such a small country for several years I have met so many new people, even in cities where I was not living, so my new friends help me to keep my sanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment