Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Empty School

Empty School

I came up to the school expecting them to still be working, after all I couldn’t have been gone for more than thirty minutes.   But the field was empty.  I put my bike against the fence, and walked up to the field to the first classroom, year 3.  Papers were torn and on the floor, with some other rubbish on the floor.  The wall (plywood) connecting the room to another classroom was gone, along with other wood around the rooms.  All I could see was the frames for the two rooms.  I walked up to the year 8 classroom, and more plywood walls were down connecting it to the principal’s office.  Then I went and saw something amazing.  I walked through to the office.  I was able to see to the end of the school.  Every wall was down and all there was leftover rubbish on the floor.  It was really amazing to me to be able to see all the way to the end of the school building.  About 8 classrooms down, I saw a quick image of a child running through.  Probably enjoying his last time to play inside on the school.

The house I live at has turned into the office, while open fales around the village have become classrooms full of desks.  The walls that were torn down are being put up for chalkboards in the open fales.  

There is still much more work to be done, but it is amazing to see the process unfold. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment