Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sleeping Habits

Sleeping Habits

I have always been known to do stupid things in my sleep.  Not as bad as some people  I have known, but bad enough for my subconscious to do without my knowledge.

When I was in junior high, I had a bad habit one year of saving all my homework until the end of the term to do, which caused me to pull an all nighter.  After school the next day, I went straight to sleep.  My sister woke me up when a friend called, and in my sleep I mentioned something about ordering a pizza.  My sister questioned me and I made a confession about killing the pizza delivery guy because he brought the wrong pizza and buried him in the backyard.  I woke up probably 20 minutes into this conversation crying hysterical because I thought the police were coming after me.  My friend was still on hold laughing hysterically as my sister had to calm me down. 

Here I do not hear of the things I say or do too often because it is just me in my room.  However, last weekend, a few of us were enjoying a sleepover, and I was asking another PCV about her trip, when she was actually sick and trying to go to the bathroom.  The next day she asked me if I was teasing her.

This week, I noticed another stupid thing I did.  I don’t know if I was trying to go on the internet in my sleep or what, but I took out my USB modem, and somehow took out the SIM card out of the little holder, and reinserted it inside the computer.  Needless to say, the next day when I tried to go online, I could not because my SIM card was stuck incorrectly inside the modem.  I had to play “operation” for about 40 minutes before I could get the tweezers in the correct location to retrieve my SIM card and put it in correctly. 

Most of the things I do in my sleep usually have to deal with talking, which is good, because I have heard stories of friends who have left their house and wandered around in the snow while asleep, others who have woken up in their car, far away from their apartments.

I am glad my sleep interactions are more “low key” than the others I know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment