Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Again?????

Not Another One
“Did you hear?”
“The Beautiful Savaii crashed.”
The nice bus driver, his bus crashed.”
“The bus was totaled, Liu had to jump to the other side of the bus in order to not get hurt.”
This was the chatter that was heard on Wednesday in my village. The Beautiful Savai’i was my favorite bus to take. I always felt safe on it, and I knew the driver was always looking out for my best interest since he was like a brother to me. Plus as an added bonus, it always played awesome music to brighten your day.
Apparently for the 2 AM bus, there were cows on the road. (It seems like there are always cars on the road at that time. They always seem to break free from the rope around their necks during the night.) There was a car in front of the Beautiful Savaii and it stopped short. I guess the bus was too close to stop, and tried to go to the other side of the road, but there was a car there. The bus ended up crashing. I am not sure into what, but apparently the bus was totaled. The driver’s seat was smashed pretty badly. Thankfully no one was hurt.
This bus crash was scary for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that this was the second bus crash within the past month from my district. The first one, some people lost limbs, and this one the bus was destroyed.
I hope these drivers learn to stay safe and go slow. I would hate to see another accident occur.

1 comment: