Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

What Would Jesus Do

What would Jesus Do
Church plays a major role in society here. I have some days where my family has lotu in the morning and in the evening, as well as there have been many weekends where I have gone to multiple church services throughout the weekend. Previously in school the children have had lotu in the morning through hymns and a short prayer. However this year things have changed, and they have added Christian Education into the curriculum. So after morning prayer, the teachers take their classes to their rooms and do Christian education. I never thought I would see it cross this far into public education but I guess a lot of the unexpected has come up from living abroad.
I have also learned that the teachers need to come in early a few days a week for prayer. If the teachers do not show up, or come late they are fined. I have talked to some of the other volunteers and they were told that they will be expected to lead the prayer session at some point. (Which makes some of us up to three lotu per day.)
Because of the lifestyle here, I have decided to use the “What would Jesus Do” technique for behavior modification. Every time I see a student do something they shouldn’t I will ask my student, “Would would Jesus do if he was in school, would he hit his friend? No Jesus would probably be respectful for his peers”. You can use the WWJD technique for all the different problems in the school, and since it has something to do with religion, there is a better chance of it sinking in with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment