Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Speed Bump





Speed bump
About eight months ago, after the first death occurred from a vehicle in my village, I helped my father type a letter to request a speed bump in our village for safety reasons. They answered our call, and we received one last week.
It was interesting to watch a construction crew at work, and I don’t think I would have been as interested if I was in America. Everything was don’t by hand, including the painting. They used paintbrushes and pieces of wood to paint in the lines.
Since then, cars have slowed down, which is a good thing. (It also makes it easier to explain my house to outsiders! Being near a speed bump is more recognizable than one of the many churches of Samoa.)
It is nice to have a safer village.

No comments:

Post a Comment