Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back in the Spirit of Running

Running
I have taken a month off of running. After running about 19k in the relay, many of which was uphill I was exhausted. I did not want to walk, let alone run. So I rested while my parents were in town, and kept it up while I was in Tonga. I decided to get back in the swing of things this week when I came back home. My mission is to try and run a half marathon by the next Independence Day fun run. I think I can do it, without too many problems.
Since I am not a born runner, I decided I needed to start at least inconsistent training early.
Things have changed since I ran last. I still run in one direction, and walk back to get to know people in my community. What I learned was my distractions were gone. Where I used to play volleyball when I was bored of running, is now just an empty yard. Luckily, I found other people playing further away. It is nice to still be able to play volleyball, even though I have less time to play as it is a further walk home.
I still am enjoying the time out in my village as people in villages all around seem to still know who I am. In some ways it is really nice to be famous, you can never feel lonely because everyone always wants to talk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment