Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My New Little Brother

Little brother
When I came back from Tonga, I came back to a surprise, a new brother. Tonga, a 14 year old boy, is now living in our house. He doesn’t go to school, and doesn’t speak much English, but is the nicest of kids ever. He moved in while I was gone to help out around the house, as one of my brothers is planning on moving to Apia, while the other works in Salelologa.
When I get home from school, sometimes Tonga is the only one there. Speaking with him, makes me realize how much I need to work on my Samoan, because it is still difficult to stray from the normal conversations with my language ability level.
It is nice to have a little brother again (I have a few in my family in Manunu, where our training village was). He is silly, and fun to hang out with. He brings life to our house and it makes everything enjoyable.
Also, being around him will be my inspiration to practice my Samoan more.
It is going to be fun to have him around.

No comments:

Post a Comment