Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cyclone Comedy-Monday Morning

The Cyclone Comedy Continues
Well….it’s raining harder than it has in awhile. I don’t know if this means the cyclone has actually come. Probably not though. I am not saying that the storm did not hit Samoa, because I did get a text from another volunteer saying a village close to the shore was destroyed because of it (makes me happy I live uta!). Also, Apia is still flooded (and has been since Thursday).
The boats are still not running, it makes me worried that they haven’t been running in 4 days how bad the water might be. I have to get to Apia when they start running again, and I know that will be a rough ride!
A few of us are considering Hurricane Wilma a bit of a comedy, since we are missing real updated news about it. We just keep getting texts with warnings about the cyclone coming soon with heavy rains and strong winds. For the past week it has been raining on and off all day, every day. I have never been in a cyclone, but I know I should be expecting worse than we have been getting.
The cyclone drama lives on….

No comments:

Post a Comment