Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bus Delivery

Bus Delivery

The magic of Samoa is that you can have things delivered to another person without even knowing them, and without even travelling.  Someone asked me if I could get a cord to a person easily an hour’s drive away.

All you have to do is stop a bus, give the package to the bus driver with the name and village on it and off it goes, ready for delivery.  The other person will just be on the road waiting for their package.  It is so easy!

I had one little hitch with my delivery on Thursday.  I gave it to the bus driver before the sun rose, and did not look where I was going when I walked away….and I tripped and fell flat on my face.  During the day, the teachers saw my scrapes and asked what happened.  When I told them, they had a good laugh.  Who could blame them?  Leave it to me to find the only concrete step in the village to trip on when walking. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment