Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

School Building Update

School Building

I was walking to my exercise group at 4:45 in the morning, when I was called over by someone.  Confused, but happy that it was not a dog chasing after me, I went over.  It was the contractor for our school building.  He was on his way to Salelologa to order new supplies for the building, and invited me to come by after school to check it out.  Eager to see what has happened in a week, I agreed.

It was only a week since I have been there last, but it is amazing how quickly the school is beginning to take shape.  They rearranged where the classrooms and halls will be in the building.  It was nice to see such a sturdy building taking the place of such a crumbling.  About a month into the school building construction and they are almost done with 8 rooms.  It is amazing how fast they are working.  Hopefully I will be able to have a little bit of teaching in the new building. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment