Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fine Mat

I heard the beating of the tin can of crackers. Women were screaming about. It was an amazing sound, and so I decided I needed to follow it and find out where it was coming from. On the main road I saw a massive object being carted down the road.
The women of the village had finished weaving this gorgeous gigantic fine mat and wanted the village to see it to share in their pride.
The mat was huge; my sister told me it was the biggest mat she had ever seen. It reached the ground, and if it wasn’t folded over it probably would have gone to the top of the utility poles.
It is nice to see them show all that pride in their work. I would love to make something like that and then travel around my village shouting, to let them know my project is finished.
Seeing the excitement drawn from the fine mat was such a beautiful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment