Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Why you should have car insurance

ance.We were sitting on the bus at the depot in Salelologa ready to leave. The area where the busses pick up passengers can be crazy, as taxis are trying to fight the busses for their business.
Cars and busses have a difficult time leaving because of how busy this area can be. The busses sometime back up and go forward several times for reasons that I am unclear of. I think they are just trying to jockey for position.
Our bus backs up a little, and then the bus next to me does the same, “Crash”, was what we heard. We looked back and there was a bike strapped to the back of the bus. It was physically inside the taxi van. Surrounding the bike was shattered glass. The bike had punctured the window and the bus driver didn’t notice and started to attempt to leave.
The cab driver sprang out of the vehicle, and knocked on the window of the bus. The bus driver opened the window and the cabbie popped him in the jaw.
My bus then pulled away and I was unable to see the outcome.
In a country where people do not have insurance on vehicles, as well as many people driving without licenses, it is especially important to look where you are backing up. Samoa is a country where things are not settled in court, and are usually settled with fists. I am glad I can not cause too much damage when I back up on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment