Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Again? Really? Why?



It was my second day of school. I was ready for my life to begin again. I was ready for school to get back to the high where it ended. Yesterday was fabulous with teachers and students working hard, and I was on a high from it. I was ready, but I I guess no one else was.
One teacher is on maternity leave, another had meetings, and two left during the day to go to the city. There are nine teachers besides myself in school, and it is sad to say that this can happen on any normal teaching day.
School started later today that yesterday, and lunch was longer than normal as well which all cut into teaching time for me. I still had fun with the children teaching new songs and dances. The day also ended early.
Since it ended early, I decided to go to the store to buy a phone card to call home. I walked with the school bus chain of children to the next village over since the stores in my village were closed. It was good spending the time with the kids.
While I was at the store it began to rain. It started raining harder. Luckily I saw my brother driving by and was able to catch a ride.
He told me he tried going to the hospital for medicine but it was crazy there. Apparently there had been another accident.
Another accident.
A second child had been hit by a car.
Just two villages away from me.
Iosefa said it didn’t look good.
On the way home he yelled at some kids to move to the side of the road.
I don’t think I live on a dangerous side of the island. There are a few hills, but I don’t even consider it bad roads here. I don’t see how this keep happening.
I hope this child is okay and makes it.
It is such a scary time here and I don’t want anything else to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment