Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Silly Lilly

Being Silly
I am at home. I love being in Samoa. I feel like I can act like myself with very little consequences, which means I always have a lot of fun here. I am always meeting new people and hearing their stories of how a Peace Corps Volunteer has touched their lives, and being invited to be a part of their lives. It is so easy to grow in family and friends.
The other night I was spending time with some friends in Apia, when I met a new person, and I reverted to my old silly American ways upon seeing a pen. I felt the desire to use it to write on someone. It was more than a desire though, it was a mission I needed to fulfill otherwise my night would be failure.
I turned to the gentleman I was talking to, and asked if her wanted a moustache
“I already have one.”
“But you don’t have a cool one with curly curls.” (My English is beginning to slip more than more and I could not think of the term for this kind of moustache.) I then explained how he could find a pretty little teine if he had this moustache. He still refused. Finally, the selling point, he could put one on me, if I got to draw on him.
I got to draw first, and only extended his moustache a little with curls, and think it looked pretty good. Then it was my turn to grow some facial hair.
I got my curly moustache on one side, then another friend grabbed the pen. He made it a hairy mess. They did not match at all, but it was pretty funny, and gave everyone around me plenty of laughs for the entire night. I was called pirate girl by a few people, and loved it.
I came up with the conclusion with how many compliments I received that I had to be by far the best looking person out that evening.
Maybe I should start drawing one on every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment