Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Phones


Magical Phone
I lost my phone. I was shopping in Apia and dropped it in the store when I went to pick something up. No one turned it in, or answered the phone when I called it. I had to suck it up and buy a new phone.
I bought the cheapest one.
I hated it at first. It was a lot more money than my last phone. It had more buttons and I was confused at how people did little things like texting on it.
A few weeks in, I have come to appreciate the features of better phones. I no longer have to input the time each time the battery is taken out (or in my old phone’s case, every few hours when I dropped it). There is also a flashlight on it, which comes in handy, even when you are in a place with electricity. There are also games on the phone, which is something I have never had before. I now have something to do when I forget my book and am waiting patiently for the bus or ferry.
I have also learned recently that my phone has magical powers. I usually keep the sound on silent, which used to cause trouble since I have an act for misplacing my phones. Whenever I am outside the room, or cannot find my phone, my phone goes into “Magic Mode” on its own. In “Magic Mode”, the volume suddenly turns on. I can hear from other rooms that I am being popular. When my phone is missing, I can suddenly find it.
I love that my phone is magical. It makes misplacing it all the time a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment