Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Changing...

Things are changing...
School has been in session one week, and I thought that I might have a feel for how the rest of the term might go from this, but I am at a loss. This term will be different from last term, and I can only hope it will be for the best.
On Friday I was preparing for lessons for the following week, and was told that my schedule was to change. I know it should not change really how I am to teach, but I think it will. I switched my schedule to be at the different grade levels at the same time each day. It took away my little break I had during the day, but hopefully it will be worth it as I will be going to years 4-8 more consistently.
I used to start my mornings with my years 7s (American schools grade 6) and now it will be with the year 5s. I don’t think I would have been this nervous if I was told earlier about the switch and had time to plan with each of the teachers. But I am going to come into the day on Monday at a loss. What exactly do they want me to teach. I hope that it is not the entire lesson, especially when I haven’t seen their plans until right before.
I guess there really is not much to worry about, since Monday will happen if I worry or don’t. If I need to make up lessons on the spot, I hope I am prepared for it. No matter what I am still better off than last term as I have improved my Samoan language skills and have a better understanding of Samoan classrooms.
By week three I am sure I will have my head on straight and be completely prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment