Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Just a Little Batty


Just a Little Batty
After meeting my many new friends during an intense game of cricket (my team lost), we headed to one person’s house. His house is decorated with the most amazing pictures that look as though they are straight out of a natural geographic magazine. It is all pictures of whales with pictures much larger than normal poster size. They are fabulous and he has taken all of the pictures around the Pacific region. (His conversation made me very excited about the prospect of scuba diving with whales in Tonga in September.)
All of a sudden a bod was placed next to me. I was very confused and almost screeched from excitement when I realized what was inside. There was a baby bat.
The bat apparently had a difficult life so far and was family-less so they were raising the bat until he was well enough to fly and be on his own.
When we put our hand near the bat, the bat instantly climbed all over. We received about a billion little batty kisses. I had a great time with the bat and learned that the wings of bats feel similar to a plastic bag. After about ten minutes of the bat on top of me, he decided to do his business and I put him away so I could clean up his mess all over me.
In our Peace Corps group there is a bat enthusiast and I finally see what she sees in these cute little creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment