Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reflections... Without a mirror

Is this a dream? Can life really be this amazing all the time? How does everything so good keep happening to me?
All of this is racing through my mind as I do what I never really thought was possible... Use the Internet while lying on a nice bed. (sidenote to reader..I never really had Internet at home...unless you consider hanging out under my tree to steal my neighbors...)
I've had so many amazing moments that if I take a break to write about them... I am afraid I might miss more of them!
We were "stuck" in Apia for two weeks and although I dreaded that little closer to reality I would be... I had an amazing time. (in matt's words we might even say it was beautiful.). During that time I got to catch up on the Internet, learn what my pisi Koa siblings have been up to for months prior, and have about a billion memorable moments.
For the past few days I have been in American Samoa and it has been unreal. I love the girls that I am staying with and how helpful and friendly they are. They showed me the ropes on their island while introducing me to many great people along the way. It is really making me wish I didn't somewhat listen to those people that said there was nothing to do here and made my trip longer.
I'm heading back to my host country tomorrow and am just anxious to figure out what is in store fir me next. With the exception of a flu shot on Thursday, I am really excited.
With one term of school under my belt, I am feeling much more confident than I was the first week of February.
I am excited to work with my village and try to help them become the best village on savai'i... Or at least better than my neighboring villages.
Laying here clicking away on my iPod I am feeling so content with my life and how amazing it is.
I hope everyone reading this feel the same way. (even though by the time you might read this I will be back to the land of questionable Internet.)
I am coming back to upolu with many more cuts and bruises all over, however I am also coming back a refreshed, happy volunteer ready to jump into the next challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I love you!!! It such a beautiful thing you are doing. Im so happy its been such a rewarding experience so far.

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete