Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Animal Talk




Animals
I really began missing Albert and Sativa tonight. Our cat (I really don’t think she has a name) came into the house purring with a decent sized mouse in her mouth. It reminded me of home. So many days I would be lounged about in my living room in Colorado, when either Albert or Sativa would bring me a present they found outside. Usually I got garden snakes. I think I averaged a few dozen snakes going through my house a year. I did get many other things coming through my house such as mice (they were never caught inside the house, only caught outside and brought in), birds, insects of all shapes and sizes, butterflies, and once even a squirrels tail.
I always got upset with them for the birds, and would punish them for some of their creatures. (Time out in the bathroom-they hated that punishment!)
The mouse was brought right to my feet, and for a cat that shows as minimum an amount of affection as possible, I felt real special. The cat still refuses to be pet, however will sit next to me for almost every meal I eat. (I always share the fattiest pieces of my chicken along with the skin. I learned cats eat bread, eggs and many other things as well.)
In other news, another cow had a calf. It is really cute, black and white. When she was born she had some type of infection and worms got to her. The calf is now bald in many spots. When I met the calf last week, she was wet and shivering and so scared. I felt horrible for her. She is going to leave us soon and live with some other relatives.
One of our dogs passed away while I was gone. My sister said that someone fed the dog poison. (A common occurrence from how it sounds.)
One of our other dogs, Champ, remains one of my best friends. He still acts like a shadow, following all over the place. I love looking down under my bench at church and seeing him there. (I just always hope that no one else notices him, so he doesn’t get smacked with a shoe until he leaves.)
Pigs are still running ramped throughout the village, and the chickens still crow all the time. Bats are seen not just flying at night, but always in and out of the trees. Horses still outnumber cars in the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment